Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Life Clock

The last couple of days have been hectic and I am sorry for the lack of quality posts. I hope to more quality posts starting with this one…

On Friday I was fascinated with an idea of the Time Clock. Cites that predict how long you are going to live. Well I imputed my data into a few of the cites that I found when searching on Yahoo. They predicted that I would live to 2065, 2067, and 2059. To be honest I can hardly say that these cites were reliable for predicting how long I am going to live, as they asked very few questions. However I was impressed that they all came within 8 years of my predicted death.

But really for the reason for the post was not to call into question the validity of the cites, instead it is to call into question how long I want to live… I mean do I really want to make it to 80+ years old. Not really. I think I would rather die at a younger age, when I still have some life in these legs and not have to ask someone to help me take a piss.

I feel that if I had to choose an age for death, 60 would seem to be the prefect age. I would have lived a nice long life and seeing people at this age, they do still have some life left and are not simply shadows of their former selves. In fact I do not mind going earlier as long as when I do go, I have lived life to the fullest.

And since I have already picked the age of death, I might as well as pick the type of death that I want… I hope to go quickly and quietly. I do not want to drown or burn and I do not want to die in a struggle of any sort.

But I guess I can’t play God and I will go when the good man says I will, but if I have to predict I have 14,575 days, 7 hours, 52 minutes and 14 seconds… 13…12…11…10…9…

No comments: